Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blue Monday, Red Tuesday?


Massachusetts is in an honorable position of restoring our Democracy today. I must say I am a little jealous. My vote in the tin state of California has been discounted for years. My voice of protest has been drowned by the caterwauling throng of pillagers and plunderers for most of my adult life. We have led the way down to the bottom here on the left side of the country while New England States have over on the right side. The special election today gives Mass. a chance to start the correction and maybe turn the Titanic away from the iceberg.

It seems fitting to me that the place where the Revolution began gets the chance to stave off the new ruination right on the threshold of our demise. A much needed system of checks and balances has gone unchecked for a whole year, 3 if you count the lame duck descent of George W. Bush. In Massachusetts, like California, it has gone on much longer. Americans cherish their freedom and liberty above all else and the Obamacrats have tried to over reach their mandate from day 1. Just like the Republicans and Bush did in 2004. But since the Republicans have never had a controlling majority we never saw the extent of their strategies. And in the end maybe thats for the best because Conservatism has not been run aground and discredited yet. Although the Republicans were hardly Conservative. I wonder if Democrats think Obama Pelosi Reid are hardly liberal?

I will watch the returns today and pray that sanity begins to creep back into our political structure starting with the will of the people, and also pray that Gods will be done in this, as in all things. Our nation used to have a divine blessing and now I am not so sure. But God never abandoned Israel, and since we are still and always will be a great force for good in the world, I have supreme faith that God will not abandon US now.

Voting is the lifeblood of Democracy, use it or lose it.
Get out and vote!

No comments: