Monday, June 29, 2009

Toxic Life



Life is what we make it and no one is allowed to make excuses in the end. Theres always a chance to make things right, it just has to be what is desired above all else. I hear about a poor little rich boy who had everything and still demolished his temple with drugs and excess and just consumed until he was consumed by himself. I have pity yes, but also, I have contempt. Maybe a lot was given by this individual to help others, but obviously there was still enough there to drown in the excesses. That being the case, then more most certainly was required of him. All of his family is left trying to find someone to blame. And with so many of his admirers straining to deify him I am afraid a lesson will be missed here about personal responsibility and that materialism will never satisfy a person who has a God sized hole in their life.


Everywhere I look I see things that make me smile and right beside that is something that makes me want to cry. Our world is fallen and that is all we need to know as to why we can imagine the perfect scenario but bringing it into being is not as easy as we would like to imagine. Life is an obstacle course that's changing as we ourselves change. The effort must be constant and focused, and we must believe that in what we desire is also in line with God's will. Easier said than done, and I am sure that a big shot like Michael Jackson had an even tougher challenge than I will ever face. To whom much is given much is required, and I think that goes for Countries, religions, individuals, communities, and families. No one is exempt. Everyone has to balance their desire of what they want with what is really necessary, what is thought as best for themselves and their family and what is best when all unintended/unexpected consequences have played out. We will never really know which way is the most right way when we live with the way we have chosen. We live with the reality, everything else is conjecture.

No comments: