Friday, February 29, 2008

The Passing of Time


While Ronald Reagan was President he was maligned and derided as the Epitome of all that was wrong about America. The Leftists had a heyday painting Him as a dunce, a warmonger, a hatemonger, and as a man who didn't care. I know this because I was a teenager while Reagan was President, and I am ashamed to admit that I myself maligned him. However during the course of Reagans Presidency I was forced to grow up and throw off the blinders of uninformed Liberal thought patterns, my utopian dreams shattered by hard cold reality. I grew up and came to realize that the man I thought I hated I actually loved, admired, respected, and really agreed with on about every issue. When President Reagan passed away the whole country and the Liberal Media Elitists had to accept his accomplishments as evidenced in their logical conclusions and undeniable successes. Vindication had come for this great President just a little too late. But I don't think President Reagan was shooting for a legacy within popular culture. He was trying to do the right thing for the whole world of Humanity.
William F. Buckley Jr. is getting the same backhanded praise and deserved respect after He has passed away. I guess it always has to be like that, for that is the only way a Leftist Liberal can defeat or silence their antagonistic little voice of conscience that a conservative thinker can force them to become aware of. There is a morality and a common denominator we should all hope to perfect, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you", and, "Love one another as you love yourself". We perform these two edicts and Utopia can be realized. Posthumously I think the Leftists get it. I am just afraid it will be the same for Western Civilization.
The Leftists wont realize what they had until it is gone.

No comments: